0 Days Remaining in Class
To better understand the changes your body goes through during the last trimester and labor, it is helpful to be familiar with basic anatomy. The illustrations on the right show a woman's body before pregnancy and at 37 weeks.
Changes to note:
- Breasts grow in preparation for breastfeeding
- Uterus grows to a much larger size to hold the baby
- Lungs and diaphragm are compressed, which can cause shortness of breath
- Stomach compression can make you feel full faster and contributes to heartburn
- Pressure on the bladder often causes frequent urination
Fetal Development: These amazing 4D ultrasound images show you how babies move in the womb.